Platinized (platinised) anodes
Platinised anodes are manufactured with a titanium or niobium base structure, in the form of either expanded metal, sheet, rod, wire or tube. A thin coating of platinum or layer of platinum between 2 to 5 microns thick is maintained on these various shaped anodes made-ready for metal finishing at plating baths. These platinum coated-or-plated anodes posses the electro-chemical properties of platinum and behaves like platinum metal. Platinized plating anodes coating/ layer thickness ranges from minimum 1.5 µ & max 20 µ.
Platinum Anode Materials
|Platinized titanium anode (Pt-Ti)||Platinum plated over Titanium metal (Titanium Metal substrate) anode||Titanium|
|Platinized niobium anode (Pt-Nb)||Platinum plated over Niobium metal (Niobium Metal substrate ) anode||Niobium|
TiTaN supply comprehensive range of anodes in geometries, bar, rod, spaghetti, cylinder, wire, grid/ mesh, round, square and custom to complement wide range of electro-chemical processes.
- - Electroplating
- - Electro dialysis
- - Electroforming (Conforming anodes)
- - Electrochemical Sensing
- - Electro winning and Metal recovery (Refining of metals)
- - Electrolytic Regeneration of chromic acid
- - Electroplating for precious and base metals
- - Electrolytic recovery for precious and base metals
- - Sodium Hypochlorite production electrolytic cells
- - Electro synthesis of organic and inorganic chemicals
- - Cathodic Protection applications includes Impressed Current Cathodic Protection viz.,
Platinum-plated-Titanium rod anodes are used for industrial applications for internal protection of condensers, process equipment etc.
Platinum-plated-Titanium wire anodes are used for corrosion control for internal protection of water tanks and pipelines.
Platinum-Titanium mesh anodes are used for impressed current cathodic protection (ICCP) of reinforced concrete structures.
Platinised titanium anodes (Pt-Ti anode)
Platinised titanium (platinum coated/ layered titanium) anodes are recommended for use in the following electrolytic processes
Precious metal electroplating - e.g. Au, Pt, Pd, Rh and Ru baths Non-ferrous metal electroplating - e.g. Ni, Cu, Sn, Zn and non-fluoride Cr baths.
* Platinised titanium anodes are not recommended for Chromium plating baths containing fluorides or F-content.
Platinised Niobium anodes (Pt-Nb anode)
Platinised niobium (platinum coated/ layered Niobium-Nb) anodes are recommended for use in the following electrolytic processes
Chrome plating baths with F-content. Cathodic Protection against seawater environment
- Long operating life; maintenance-free.
- Economical (low platinum requirements for layering / coating)
- High dimensional stability and load resistance.
- Good current distribution.
- High corrosion resistance.
- Light weight
To get in touch with our team of electro-chemical experts for more information, to ask a question or get a quote, please call
Platinised Anodes ( Pt Anode ) are produced by coating platinum ( Pt ) on a specially treated precious metal ( Titanium / Niobium / Tantalum / Zirconium ) substrate by means of electrodeposition process. They are economical as well as it retains the... ... MORE
TiTaN offers the PLATMA series platinized Titanium insoluble anodes for Copper applications for printed circuits using pulse periodic reverse (PPR) technology, with an Iridium or Mixed Metal Oxide (MMO) -coated Ti substrate. Use of special type... ... MORE