in-situ production of pure caustic soda, chlorine and hypochlorite.
With the advent of ion-exchange membranes,a new era began in chlor alkali cell design and hence membrane cell process as a whole has become superior to the conventional mercury and diaphragm cell processes.
TiTaN® designs and manufactures RT AME® Advanced Membrane Cells( electrochemical cells ) for chlor alkali process, endowed with the following advantages.
- Less power consumption than mercury cell and diaphragm cell due to high efficiency membranes, improved cathode and activated titanium metal anode - ATMA®.
- Pollutant free process - free from mercury and asbestos,the so called pollutants in mercury and diaphragm processes.
- Pure products of caustic soda and chlorine with RT AME® Membrane Cell Anodes.
- Flexible Cell Operation
|RT AME 005||0.005|
|RT AME 010||0.010|
|RT AME 025||0.025|
|RT AME 040||0.040|
|RT AME 125||0.125|
|RT AME 250||0.250|
|RT AME 500||0.500|
|RT AME 1K||1.000|
|RT AME 2.5K||2.500|
|RT AME 5K||5.000|
|RT AME 10K||10.000|
|RT AME 15K||15.000|
|RT AME 25K||25.000|
|RT AME 500K||500.000|
|RT AME 1000K||1000.000|
RT AME® MEMBRANE CELL
TiTaN®s' RT AME® membrane cell design is similar to the plate and frame filter press. Each membrane cell module of the desired size and capacity is obtained by stacking together anode and cathode assemblies with ion-exchange membranes in between. Several Cells are connected in series for the required capacity.
MEMBRANE CELL PROCESSThe main process of manufacturing chlorine and caustic soda consists primary brine treatment & secondary brine treatment. After these conventional / ion- exchange process brine electrolysis occurs at the membrane cells.After electrolysis of brine in the cell, the weak brine with dissolved chlorine is dechlorinated and returned to the brine making system for fortification. Soft water is fed into the cathode compartment of the cell.
The overall cell reaction is2NaCl + 2H2O → 2NaOH + Cl2↑ + H2↑
Membrane Electrolyser Types
- Skid based Modules
- Single Module
- Loose Components
- Electrodes Replacement (membrane Cell)
- Anodes recoating
- Simple modular cell design with monopolar / bipolar construction
- Increased capacities by adding cell modules
- Suitable for in-situ production of caustic soda - chlorine and hypochlorite even for small requirements
- Minimum corrosion
- Easy operation & Lower maintenance
- Low Cell voltage with narrow electrode gap.
- Amenable for continuous and batch operation