Chlor Alkali Anode
In chlor-alkali industries Chlorine (Cl2), Hydrogen (H2) and Sodium Hydroxide ( caustic soda - NaOH ) are manufactured by means of electrolysis process.
In chlor alkali industries three types of electrolytic process are adopted for the production of caustic, chlorine, hypochlorite chemicals :
- Membrane cell process ( louver anode, mesh anodes )
- Diaphragem cell process ( box anode, perforated anode )
- Mercury cell process ( mesh, strip anode, rod, weir anode )
In each process salt ( brine ) solution is electrolyzed by the action of direct electric current, which converts the chloride ions to chlorine.
The reaction is :
2NaCl + 2H2O = Cl2 + H2 + 2NaOH
In all the methods chlorine (Cl2) is produced at the positive electrode ( anode ) and the hydrogen (H2) and Sodium Hydroxide ( NaOH or caustic soda ) are produced directly or indirectly at the negative electrode ( cathode ). Membrane or Diaphragm or Mercury is used to separate the anode products from the cathode products according the process adopted.
TYPES OF CHLOR ALKALI ANODES WE OFFER ( membrane cell anode )
monopolar mesh, monopolar louver type membrane cell anode
bipolar mesh type anode, bipolar louver type membrane cell anode
TYPES OF CHLOR ALKALI ANODES WE OFFER ( diaphragm cell anode )
mesh type diaphragm cell anode, perforated plate type diaphgragm cell anode , box type diaphragm cell anode
Chlor Alkali Anode Types
- mesh type mercury cell anode ( activated titanium mesh anodes )
- rod type mercury cell anode ( mmo coated titanium rod anodes )
- strip type mercury cell anode ( mixed metal oxide coated anode )
- weir type mercury cell anode ( activated titanium weir anode )
- louver type mercury cell anode ( activated titanium louver anodes )
- round finger type mercury cell anode ( mmo coated finger anode )
- trapezoidal strip type mercury cell anode ( mmo strip anode )
Activated Titanium Substrate with MMO Coating using TiTaN ATMA coating Technology.